Monday 19 November 2012

From Scratch!

 Well, curiosity got the better of me when I finally attempted to make dumplings from SCRATCH. Yes, I mean it. Not just the filling but the skin as well :)
My first attempt was a saddening disappoinment. But that didn't stop me :)
 So, this time after molding the dumpling skin I refridgerated it before kneading it again. And I must say that made all the SENSE in the world. The mystery behind the dumpling skin just unravels before me :D
 I had some leftover beef fillings, so I made lil beef balls for my spicy doenjjang stew.
 I put in some napa cabbage into the stew and the red stew instantly made it look like kimchi. My version of an express kimchi :D
 A closer look at my "not so appealing" dumplings. The main point was just to MAKE a dumpling, with aesthetic regards aside.

 So, in a nutshell...Spicy Beef Ball Doenjjang Jiggae and Homemade dumpling.. aka as the Koreans call it Mandu was indeed a success :)
Happy cooking and eating everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment