Sunday 4 March 2012

Beetroot Porridge

For the first time, I had dissection today and i was REALLY looking forward to it. Such a contrast to my first dissection, where a nastayyyyy frog was involved. This time, we had to cut open a lamb's kidney. Honestly, after all the chicken buying and turkey marinating, splitting raw beef/chickens into portions to store in my freezer I'm immune to any raw meats now. I take it as a good thing, means I won't have to convert into a vegetarian. xD Not anytime soon.

So, after dissection I went to get some things from Tesco's and by the time I got back it was about 5pm. Thank goodness Spring is near so the daylight span is now officially BACK to NORMAL. It was still bright outside at 5, just like it should be! Those wintry evenings, short daylights..Ugh~ dark depressing days.

Came back just in time to whip up something I always was curious to taste. BEETROOT PORRIDGE. Since the colour of beetroot basically stains ANYTHING, except baked goodies *it turns brown in the oven* I would love to see my porridge in a different colour I haven't tried before. Hehe..Here goes!

My red stained porridge topped with wolfberries~ If I hadn't known better I would think it was kimchi porridge with lots of red pepper chilli paste.





For my side, I had some Quorn sausage with spinach and some more wolfberries.









No comments:

Post a Comment