Monday 12 March 2012

An Egg Bake and a Disastrous Attempt

After the gym, I headed to my usual vegetable shopping up at Chester Road. Bought tomatoes at a good price as well. But for my beetroots, I felt a bit cheated.. == *shooing that bad feeling away* After that I straightaway hopped on the CONNECT bus to head to my next food shopping destination, Aldi! I had to get things done before heading to the library for the rest of my afternoon and evening to finish my work with my friends.
By the time I got back it was already about 12.15pm and I thought I should try something new and different for lunch. I finally tried out a baked whole egg recipe. Just cracked an egg over a bed of celery and tomatoes with leeks then topped with some cottage cheese.
Only I improvised it because I was sorta hungry and couldn't wait. MICROWAVE!
It did the job well under 5min. I was hoping the egg yolk would be runny and gooey but my microwave was working too well, so it ended up well-cooked through == Sigh~






And for dinner, I was back rather later than usual at 6pm-ish. So when I got back hats on, and chopping at the ready! I wanted to make a sweet and sour dish with my pineapples. But I also wanted to try the bird's nest my mother gave me last month. I was told to eat it as a side dish instead of a dessert, so I thought why notttttttt..
BIG MISTAKE, I cooked it = it dissolved= made my sweet and sour dish gooey = me no LIKEY...
But I had to down it all anyway. I hate wasting food :( Was planning to have it with some meehoon at the side but the veggies piled up high enough I had to pass on the meehoon at the end. Sigh, not exactly a good dinner. But I learn..








No comments:

Post a Comment