Wednesday 14 March 2012

Bird's Nest as a Side dish? New and refreshing!

Ah..For dinner, the main component I wanted to concentrate on were the soaked bird's nest which I left soaking since morning til evening. Recall my failed attempt a few posts before, well this is attempt number two and thankfully it turned out well. It didn't require cooking at all and I just simply dressed it with seet thai chilli sauce and some seasonings with soysauce and pepper. And voila~ I have myself a pretty looking side dish. 
For my main, I wanted to highlight the hot and sour pickled vegetables with black fungus which my mother sent to me. So I them tossed into some meehoon to make them extra different than usual with some veggies and topped with fragrant spring onions. I should have my last packet of hot and sour vegetables with  some nice hot piping congee..Uhmmm..Yummyyyy~














No comments:

Post a Comment