Sunday 18 March 2012

The Perfect Bowl of Porridge

Well, this is the first time I made my porridge just the way I like it! Usually I would use half a cup of rice, and it becomes quite thick which is okay but I like mine slightly bit more watery, so I quartered the white rice and add brown rice fi up another quarter. Hmm..brown rice does look distinctively different from white actually if I hadn't known better. Threw in some scallops, dried shrimps and anchovies to give this plain porridge some boost of flavour. Remember I mentioned I been craving for certain types of foods in particular? Ah~ who am I kidding, I always mention I crave for something. Anyway, so I was thinking of salted duck eggs and how much I miss having them in porridges! So ere is my attempt to relieve my cravings in one way or another. Hehe..without the salted egg though :( I need some...
But at least I had the packet of hot and sour pickled veggies my mom sent over to me, uhmm~~ eating them with this delicious wholesome porridge made my dinner a whole lot more special. And since I know it wouldn't be enough to have just porridge, I opened a can of kidney beans as well and seasoned them with oyster sauce, soysauce and pepper to taste. With my porridge, great accompaniment! 














No comments:

Post a Comment