Saturday 29 September 2012

Under The Weather

What's on today's menu? I'd be lucky to even strike up an idea since I've just came back from bed hunting with my lovely aunties whom I'm proud to call my family in UK. Would have had a nice Japanese buffet for dinner at Newcastle but I had to politely say no. Why you may ask?
Well..Let's just say my "ulcer" got the better of me and I'm officially under the weather. It ain't an ulcer anymore, it's now called a Canker Sore. Curse these little viruses! :( I can't talk or eat properly with comfort and it kills me because those are the two things I love to do! Dx
 So, not having much time to delegate my menu ideas like I used to since my stomach is indeed growling for fuel. *Shhh!!!* As seen, I went for the obvious comfort food. Porridge with veggies (carrots/onions/cabbages) Just those simple ingredients can bring my life back. Well, part of it at least.
 Here I am, wallowing up in misery with my canker sore in front of my laptop. Never thought I'd see the day when I actually feel more comfortable NOT talking. Unless someone finds a way to talk without moving my tongue *which is where the sore is located* Please ring me and share that secret.
 On the brighter note, the porridge sang and it cheered me up a little since the photos turn out pretty alright. Phew! Thought I was losing my touch there for a while. But I guess it turns out it was due to the lacking of decorative ingredients in my fridge. It is after all my 1st week. Get a grip! :)


 Thought just having a bowl of porridge wouldn't suffice my appetite, what with the cold and wind terribly terrorizing where I am currently living! *I miss the sun and the humidity back home* I had the porridge with some red kidney beans I've mixed with some vinegar and sweet chilli sauce to resemble a side-dish. Hey give me credit for trying, despite me over-looking the food presentation for one of the first rare few times. I am not proud of it, but I promise to deliver better in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment