Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas Week Recap

How soon the holidays just walked past us, and without noticing it at all December is coming to an end pretty soon. Two things I will never look forward to, one being lab practicals, and second lab reports! Instead of doing my holiday assignment as I should, I would rather drown myself in previous weeks' memoirs.
While I update with my recent posts, I'll also slip in some flashback photos from last week for reminiscence purposes. 
Here I shall note my interesting ventures in the kitchen during Christmas week.

Day 1: 
My first attempt in steaming egg tofu. Not bad at all..
Ingredients:
1 egg
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp white wine
1 tsp pepper (to taste)
1 cup soymilk

Directions:
1. Beat eggs well until frothy then incorporate the rest of the ingredients.
2. Add chopped spring onions on surface *optional
3. Steam on low heat for 20min.


 Homemade tofu accompanied by Kimchi Pork Stew with Meehoon.
Yummy-licious!~

                              



Making Kimchi for the first time, using "alternative" ingredients that are under my budget in the UK. Ready for fermentation:

Took about a week to ferment to get the right hint of tangy and spicy level. But 3 days is all it really takes. 
To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment