Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Eve Kimchi Radish

With my fridge running low on bananas, I had to head to the nearest supermarket to get my hands on some. No day will be complete without a banana in my breakfast oatmeal. I know, another odd trait. But, I actually do enjoy routined regular daily activities. Most of the time at least.
So, in commemoration of New Year's (also because of the sad fact that I'm dead bored with nothing much to do) I decided to make radish kimchi with the white daikon radish I bought yesterday from Newcastle. Also added some julliened swede in there to give it some extra crunch.

Dissolving my flour, water and chilli powder misture to form my red chilli paste

Making my red chilli paste

The recipe didn't call for anchovies but I added it anyway! Let's see how it'll taste like.

Now the fun part, mixing it all up!



Packaged and lookin' fab for 3 days of fermentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment