Thursday 29 December 2011

Egg-tastic!

So it's lunchtime, and with a pantry out of bread. But! No fret, leftover eggs, flour and sugar to the rescue! So, what better way to use up my egg supply other than BAKING.
Been harboring my desire to attempt my Chinese Sponge Cake, and today shall be the promising day! Recipe adapted from http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/2007/04/spongecake.html













As seen in the photos, my spongecakes didn't exactly turn out evenly. This might be because I didn't use any spongecake stabilizer. Sigh.. will make sure I get some while I'm out tomorrow! Nevertheless, the consistency and sponge is still there. Still need to work out the hinges of the recipe though cuz the texture is very much bread-like. Still edible and tasty.



To make lunch more filling and worth-while, some Mung Bean Tong Sui to go! My tummy and tastebuds, are happy. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment