Saturday 7 April 2012

Anything But Predictable

It was a long and tiring trip down London. But it was worth while since I got this golden chance to visit all these monumental places, only someone from UK would be able to visit and experience.Let me summarize my trip..London can be fun, only when shopping and sightseeing is involved. But London can suck balls, when it gets crowded ALL THE TIME. The hustle and bustle of the city reminds me of KL, only everyone speaks English and most of the things here makes your wallet bleed. I shall return to London only when I need to pollute my breathing airways with 2nd hand smoke from the vast majority of smokers in the city and to kill my feet further so I'll be rendered immobile.

Day 1
Departed from the train without a hitch, except for the luggage hauling and what not. Left for London, reached there in about 3.5 hours which was about 4.30pm that time I think? So, my friends and I went to check into the hotel room. But the friggin manager won't allow us to squat all 4 of us together since it's for 2 persons only. Don't give the look, I know what ya'll thinkin but hey I'm a Malaysian. And being a typical Chinese Malaysian, we do things that are out of our boundaries to save money. Plus, I'm a student living on a budget. So, I was left without a roof over my head with my friend for the rest of our trip. THE END! Yeah rightttt.. xD

We went on a frantic search for hotels nearby available for 2 of us, if possible under our budget! That would be equivalent to a miracle. Really..a miracle...Went into about 2 or 3 hotels asking and most of them charge at least 150 pounds for 4 nights if not PER NIGHT. Nightmare... Seriously, our day didn't go as well as we had hoped. Sigh..

But all was made right, when the manager of Globe Cafe, Onice *french btw* popped over while we pass, concerned and sincere to help us so he let us check out the rooms and gave a discount rate at 78pounds for 4 nights. I saw the light~ It was a nice quaint and cozy house to stay in, comfortable with kitchen facilities and clean washrooms though shared. But my skeptic mind was all changed thanks to Onice. He's such a concerned and sincere old guy, I'll SO return to the place again when I get back to London. What a relief that was, he knew instantly I was Malaysian. Haha! And he said he didn't mind Malaysians because we usually leave our rooms tidy and neat. HE'S SOOOO AWESOME~~~~~~ I just can't put into words how eternally grateful I am to him.

After that whole drama was settled, the 4 us set off to explore London by foot. We covered quite a LOT since it didn't get dark until 8.30pm-ish. Thank goodness for the daylight saving. If only I can say the same about the bitter cold weather. Who'd expect the warm perfect weather I had last week would change so drastically and drop to a single digit as low as 6 degrees.

At the train station, awaiting for the Grand Central train to arrive at 12.30pm..



 Settled in our seats comfortably :)










Upon arrival, and on my way to the hotel I saw this..I didn't know i owned a restaurant in London?! xD Neh..Just thought the letters resemble my name instead of karpo. lame xD





 Walking past the British Library..




Walking through Regent's Street..







 *shivers* The Institute of Physics~





 Passing through All Saint's Church..



And finally we reached Oxford Street!~ Woohoo~ *Like I said, crowded? Oh yes*











No comments:

Post a Comment