Monday 9 April 2012

Buckingham, Harrods and Museum of Natural History


Here we are..On our last day of the trip! At Hyde's park :)
And right before my eyes...Buckingham Palace! Woohoooooo~ I never thought I could actually see it in person. But I did, and I LIVED~ xD


Buckingham!
Oh, so familiar..I saw this on CNN and now I'm right before it. EPIC AWESOME! xD









Yipppeee~ Group photo!
And there's the road to enter Buckingham. Again..saw it on CNN~ and living it now xD


Ahh~ Can't believe my luck, just in time the soldiers were filing into the palace. But none were changing positions so, there wasn't much to see anyway.



Easter eggs~

On the way to look for Harrods! Where??
After being approached by the nicest lady I've ever met in London while at Lloyd's Bank, she frantically looked at me "Are you alright madam?" and I was "*puzzled* Yeah :) *took this golden chance* Do you by any chance know how do we get to Harrods from here?"
Thanks to her *one of the bank employees* We found it!! And she gave such accurate descriptions of the alleys to go through and what shops to notice before turning it and what not. Kudos to that! And note that the car behind me, was a BMW. There, I only notice these few cars Ferrari, Mercedes Benz,Porsche,Lamborghini and BMWs..and occassionally Range Rovers. But mostly these branded cars. Duh~ We were at the high end street yo.

Inside the sweets and confectionary area of Harrods. Oooh~ O.O my eyes lit up right away xD

Indulgent chocolate selections and fudge!

Again..plenty of macaroons to choose from different varieties. Though I didn't think it was worth spending 80p on ONE macaroon. I'd rather use that money for the better and common good :P



Ah! I saw this on some travelling program before and I coincidentally bumped into this! In memory of Princess Diana and her boyfriend. lol
Going up the escalators of Harrods.
I thought this was hilarious. I was in the washroom and when I closed the door, I see this. Seriously?
Expensive luxuries I can live without.. :P


The official Harrods shop! So colourful and bright :)
Kyaaa!~~~ I finally got a photo of myself with these bears. Again saw in tv and LIVED it xD
These divine luxuries..I can only dream of.. Dx










Arriving at Toy Kingdom! HARRY~!!!

How I wish I had the money to get these collectibles


Wouldn't mind having the broom xD


Tempted to get that Hogwart's Gryffindor scarf!!!
Argh!! Super epic cool chess set xD I know my brother Raymond will adore this.

Hogwarts Express anyone? xD



Yikes..Look at that price. But oh goshh..those super cool wands xD *tempted*


 This one was the hardest to look away from! I almost contemplated getting it. *It's is by far the only item that's the cheapest and cool at the same time* Sigh~ But I didn't get it. Why?? Because I know money don't grow on trees.
Ooooh..The Horcrux!

Each individualized wands belonging to different witches/wizards in the book. xD
 




They even sell Tom Riddle's Diary xD

 After that, we went out to have lunch and passing through so many patisserie shops. O.O I just love these photos. I call it..food gawking..
 And now, we were on our way to the Natural History Museum and Science Museum.But we stopped by to say hello to Queen's Victoria and Prince Albert's museum. Such majesty and awe..Couldn't resist.

 At the Renaissance area. So many greeks..naked people =.= 
At the Korean art gallery section
Outside the Natural History Museum. Look at that BEAUTIFUL building.



Arriving inside, I was under the dinosaur skeleton. Was in the queue for the dinosaur exhibition.

Now at the marine life section. Huge displays of animals. Very interesting indeed.

Now, about to leave since it was almost closing time. We didn't have much time to explore further deep in the museum, but we would love to come back do so in the near future!

 We were hunting for dinner, initially we wanted to have Chinese at Chinatown since it's our last day. But, we'll need to top up extra into our Oyster cards to travel there by train. Sigh.. Wouldn't want to bleed my wallet again since the raw wound is still healing. We decided to try our luck nearby.

 And who'd knew after about 45 minutes of searching, we found a MALAYSIAN owned family-run restaurant. My gosh! And, it's so far the cheapest chinese food I ever had as long as I stayed here in UK. Geeeeez!~ Finally!

I went for Wantan Noodle Soup because of my sore throat and I've been dreaming of dumplings for a while now. So wantan is the closest I could get in the menu. They even serve Malaysian Laksa yo. But too bad *sore throat* Dx

 I paid 4.50Pounds for this bowl of noodle soup. So much more worth it compared to last night's Ngau Nam Noodle Soup. And the portion is just RIGHT. Not too big but not too small either and they're generous on the wantans. Bless them..

 The sons of the owner notice that we were Malaysians and he even asked if we were from Sibu. I went " Close...we're from Sabah" xD Him: Oh? Which part? Me: Kota Kinabalu xD Him: Say KK only lahhh, no need to say Ko-Ta Ki-Na-Ba-Lu" LOL!

And to send off our last ode to London, we had 99p worth of mini frozen yogurt in this cute lil waffle shop! Ooooh, those belgium waffles look so YUMMY. So have to try one of those with my brothers one day. ONE DAY! Wait for me, I'll be back!


And now, in the train on the way back to Sunderland. Right, the sun's out when we were leaving but when we arrive it rains..Whack weather..




No comments:

Post a Comment