Wednesday 10 October 2012

Middle-Eastern Bibimbap

It's been a while, but I'm glad I've finally bought my fresh stock of couscous. Oh glorious wonderful "fast-food" that is actually healthy and nurturing for the health and weight-conscious public. I was in the mood to cook, but I wanted it FAST and something that agrees with SPICY and VEGGIES.
Not gonna have noodles again, so I'm opting for couscous. The close cousin of the family of pasta, only less potential to scare the living daylights out of you upon stepping on that ever-so feared weighing scale.
Safe to say, it's a successful one pot meal for one. Yes, just one and NO SHARING. You could double it by using a cup of couscous which I typically do when making it at home for the rest of my family. Thankfully they rather enjoyed it too. Though, many of the people I come across tend to go "Couscous..What?"
People should watch more cooking programs. *not indicating any right to imitate the person in front of the computer screen right now of course*;)
It's a Middle-Eastern take on the Korean BiBimBap *with rice tossed around chilli paste and leftover veggies or meat*
Happy cooking and eating everyone! :)
I'll try to motivate myself to post recipes, but since there aren't any comments to make me feel the need to. I tend to sway. So..COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED :)

No comments:

Post a Comment