Saturday 13 October 2012

When Squash Spells Gold

With the squash laid in the fridge like that, normally I'll make porridge with it since pumpkin porridge is one of my best food recipe EVER *thanks to the Koreans for their inspiration* I've been making these pumpkin porridge since my first year in college I think. Perhaps just one of the healthiest things I've first concocted.
 But, I didn't want to do the norm today. Instead I wanted to try out something new. Something I've not done before. And that's when I've decided to just split the pumpkin into half and instead of baking it, I steamed it. Just like how home would do :)

 And the end result was ever so priceless :) Pure gold! It turned out tasting like sweet potatoes but it's a squash. xD
 Had it paired with couscous! Very delicious.. But couscous needs more "on the dot" seasoning. That's why when eaten together with the pumpkin, it doesn't matter anyway. The pumpkin saved the couscous.
 Cheers to a wonderful attempt!
Happy eating and cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment