Saturday 13 October 2012

The Ultimate Spiced Aubergine

Cooking with the last aurbergine in my fridge makes me think..How shall I end this aubergine medley with? Knowing me, I'd go for something jam-packed with flavour and I would love to experiment with spices. The usual hot and spicy broth accompanied by a star-anise along with some cloves to give the flavour more depth and character. 
 I gotta say it was a hefty success and I'm so proud of the outcome :) Goes perfect with a bowl of rice or drenched over noodles :) But I steamed egg instead since I've missed these small little sentiments of home and from the days of my early childhood.
 A much better view of possibly one of the most successful aubergine recipe I have ever attempted.
 Finally, I've figured out the main issue with my camera's focus!
 Right, how dumb and blind I was to not have noticed that the settings on my camera was not on AUTO. So, it has been trying to capture pictures in motion all this time?! =.=
 My steamed egg with wine, didn't have milk in the fridge. Could be the reason to my egg not rising to the occassion. Checking milk on my grocery list next time!
 The all glorious and nutritious aubergine!
By the time I got through dinner, my nose kept running non stop thanks to the heat and ginger. Phew! No one other than Wing noticed it anyway.
Happy cooking and eating everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment