Sunday 7 October 2012

The Magic Sponge

Dinner time! And what's in our menu today? Well, got aubergines to use up, so I guess that'll be the main star veggie for today. Was going to make a nice spicy stew to have it go with, since aubergines are lovely to go with that texture as it absorbs whatever gravy it cooks with. The "magic sponge" I call it. Though I wish I could call this evening's dinner was "magical".  
It was not bad, but not great either. Just so-so. Had my glass noodles like jap-chae only *minus the sweet note* Since I'm out of oyster sauce. But nevermind that! My tongue's numbed to any sensory receptors already with the bland food I eat almost anyday with no complains. 

 This is where the magic of spicy red hot chilli powder from Korea comes in. To enlighten my tastebuds and to awaken my appetite.
 And since it's rather hot and spicy, I needed something to cool it down. Cucumber slices! :) Perfect way to use them all up as up. A side dish which required no cooking. Perfect~
 Tried taking the photos from a different angle this time. Meh~ Still needs work done. Until then expect the worst ever edited photos from me. :(
Nevertheless, happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment