Tuesday 23 October 2012

While Baking..Why Not Have Dinner

If only it was like any other day. But NoPe~ It was my bestie's Birthday! So obviously what MUST I do on birthdays which I dearly enjoy most but under normal circumstances should restrain myself due to electrical consumption average purposes. BAKE A CAKE~!
But before I get into that. I'll tackle the savoury bit first. While I was waiting for my cake to bake, I wasted no time to cook my dinner. 
 Ahh nothing fancy or attractive. Just some good old-fashioned glass noodles stirred up JapChae Style~ :) *Gangnam Style plays in the background*
 Almost couldn't wait for the cake to bake. So I had to keep my saliva busy from leaking all over x)

It was a good and contenting meal I had. NOW CAKE!!! *hands shaking from excitement*

 After plenty of considerations, I've made up my mind to make a lemon chiffon. BUT. halfway through the process of "about to whisk the egg whites" part. I just noticed my house didn't have the most basic and essential part of cake making. EGG BEATERS. Wonderful.
 So! Did I beat the egg whites stiff eventually? Proud to admit. YES! What did I use? Hahahaha~ Here's the catch! Chopsticks! Not a pair, but 3 chopsticks! It's much faster than a regular fork to be honest.
 And the outcome from my *literally..and I mean LITERALLY* hard work and labour of love. The cake did turn out nice and springy *though I'd think it's a bit overdone and left out too long that it became a bit dry once cut through* But that's just me being critical. My friends and especially my bestie Prista don't mind it at all.
 After decorating it with cream cheese on top with lemon slices :)
 Now we're just waiting to give the special lady her well-deserved surprise after her shift ended. Gosh! She's taking too long! Cake's getting dry! D:
Anyway, happy eating everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment