Saturday 13 October 2012

The Simplicity in Congee

So, what's in my menu for today? Hmmmmmm.. I've got pork ribs defrosted. Not gonna make soup again, afraid I'll be sick and tired of it!
 Hence, I've made this nutritious meal. PORRIDGE~ with plenty of celery for that fragrance and yummy factor. Also having a second attempt at steaming pumpkin. And this time PATIENCE~! *which means no peeping during steaming!*
 And finally the end result is SUCCESS. Patience is indeed a virtue, I have soft tender pumpkin flesh after that treacherous wait. But then again I kept myself occupied by tending to my porridge to make sure it's at perfect congee consistency.
 And..DINNER is served. I didn't even need to add much salt since I've earlier marinated the pork ribs with ginger and some salt to kill those EVIL BACTERIA. *not sure how effective it is but hey look! no food-poisoning*

 Happy eating and cooking everyone! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment