Monday 27 February 2012

A Birthday and a Zebra Cake

Sunday was my friend's birthday, so I volunteered to bake a cake for the occasion. Racked my brains the night before about how to decorate the cake, either with icing sigar or whipped cream. I went for the latter since both are about the same price anyway. But now that I think about it again, I think I should have gone with the latter.
My cake almost ended up as a disaster because of the cream melting to soon. Who'd knew it wasn't thick enough to be used like double cream. Grr! Anyway, Thank the Lord for Milo powder and colourful chocolate rice. My cake was saved and it was alive and breathing again. I attempted it as a zebra cake, but the zebra pattern wasn't obvious enough :( Will need real cocoa powder I guess. Sighs, anyway it was an epic night filled with lots of laughter and joy in the company of good friends. 

Here's my zebra spongecake: The top turned out, but I wish I could say the same for the inside of the cake though :( 
But it was a good spongecake. Took me and my friend about 1.5 hours to whip the 3 eggs thick and creamy BY HAND. No stand-mixer :(






 Here's after decorating and waiting for the birthday girl to finally blow the candles! 







Everyone loved the spongecake. Simple and yet so truly satisfying. Brings us back to our childhood memory lane. Again, I'm breathing a sigh of relief because my spongecake manage to stay as a thick sponge even with the wet and melted cream. THANK GOODNESS! WHEEW~ Stressed me up a bit, but glad it ended up well after all and everyone complimented my cake. :)

Group photos! xD With all the lovely people~





The Event Planner of the night ~





No comments:

Post a Comment