Wednesday 1 February 2012

Not So Vegetarian Veggies~!

Suddenly I had this wild idea in my head, since my several successful attempts with turkey mince. I miss having Yong Taufu at home, but buying tofu here is just as expensive as buying meats. So given the choice, would I spend the exact amount of money on tofu or a good kilo worth of beef or pork or turkey for a price that's slightly cheaper and at least 800g in weight. Duh~ I'd go for the meat of course. At least it'll last me for a month at least in the freezer.
So, as my side today I stuffed some mince in cucumbers and tomatoes! Just cause I was bored and I like pretty food! Though I was so engrossed in the presentation part that I forgot to marinate the mince with some wine or vinegar. At the end, my mince was under-seasoned Dx






My main was sweet and sour tossed meehoon in sweet chilli sauce with vege and pineapples!
Definitely got the sweet and sour taste, though I cheated a little. But hey to be fair, at least I made it myself instead of getting the jarred ready ones.
My pretty stuffed tomatoes never looked better xD









No comments:

Post a Comment