Wednesday 1 February 2012

Eggs and so much more..

Woke up early on impulse, as usual seeing as I'm such a light sleeper. So, with extra time on hand I've decided to make something different for lunch. Been itching to try to make okonomiyaki for a while now and pack them nicely in my bento. Though, the end result led to something less traditional than an okonomiyaki.

Here's why..Didn't use cabbage *which was a must* and I didn't utilize any yam in my "not-so-japanese-pancake" 







  Packed these babes in my bento ready for lunch after I finish my Pharmaceutics Lab session. Didn't need to decorate all that fancy since I'm not really bringing it to eat out in between classes. My schedule is still mild this week. Next week though, it's going to be torturous.
For dinner, I decided to attempt my egg bake using the microwave this time. Just to see how it compares with the oven.
Texture-wise, I'm not sure if it was because I didn't add milk but it turned almost beancurd-like. If I left the egg in the microwave longer, it might have turned into a cake already. Something like that. But, it took me 5min on high heat to bake the eggs! That is FAST~ Keeping that noted for future lunch packing ideas~



For my main, simple...MeeHoon in clear anchovy broth with swede,onions and cabbage...Something to heal the soul and to prevent any flu symptoms as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment