Tuesday 7 February 2012

Therapy in the Kitchen


While I spare an hour at least to cook up dinner away from the books for a while, I made some anchovy noodle soup with vegetables. Didn't give it much thought til I noticed it didn't out as prettily as I've expected. I blame it on the books and studying. Sad.. Quite too plain for my taste but how can I complain..There's food, and there's my rumbling tummy...






Here, for lunch I whipped up some green beans and barley with plenty of goodies (white fungus, soybean sheets, dried longans and dates) So many chunky goodness. Grand stuffed after this!




For Chap Goh Meh, I thought I should spend some extra time though with the limited time I'm allowing myself to be on it while I catch up with my revisions. For this special day, I thought I should use my special stash of Japanese Dried Scallops in my dinner tonight. Nothing hugely remarkable or tricky. So, I incorporated it in my first attempt for Chawan Mushi aka Japanese Steamed Egg Custard. With the typical mushrooms, egg, dashi, green onions and my special addition, scallops! 
 For my main, I made a simple yet satisfying anchovy porridge with porridge and celery with leeks. A seafood special for tonight~











No comments:

Post a Comment