Friday 3 February 2012

Couscous Bibimbap?


The last day of the week..Friday! I don't know if I should rejoice or to be devastated. I'll have to begin my revisions as of this weekend since I'll be having my consolidation test in the week after this coming week. Screw tests, and to make matters worse there won't be any practice questions to help guide me through this time's test. Sigh.. Might just fail the first one then use that as the basis of my revisions for the retake at the end of the week to pass with flying colours. Either way, I'll still get the marks. But if I do pass the first trial's test, I'll have the entire week off. Now that's tempting. More time to idle away and think of what to cook and eat xD

Alright, so I don't have any bread in my food cupboard. What to pack for lunch later? Or should I even bother? Just fill up my thermus with hot milo and go to lecture with that? Hmm..decisions! I ended up making crepes instead and rolled them up with jam. My mum used to do it, I usually hate it. But I miss home too much, that I'm recreating something my mother used to make every morning that renders me sick and tired of. Packed some rice crackers at the side to fill up my bento, and to give me something extra to munch on.








My friends were impressed and basically oogling at my bento. Even asked if I bought those pancakes. And I was like...Whaa? Seriously? Me..to buy pancakes? when I can so easily whip up a batch of my own free of charge. Silly question. Haha..But I had a good laugh. And it was a compliment, though I was slightly irritated.

Got back from veggie shopping for the week at almost 4pm. Came back, crossing my fingers my salmon will defrost on time before I cook dinner. Since I had some time to spare, I took a quick nap and manage to wake up at 5pm sharp. Just enough time for me to whip up my dinner before 6pm. |
So, what's on the menu today?

Steamed Salmon in white wine with ginger and veggies and Couscous Bibimbap!
First time making couscous, so I was slightly bit excited. And with my added korean twist to it, it made my dinner extra pretty!














My verdict on couscous..YUMMY! Definitely gonna have it again. It's much lighter than rice but still filling. The texture's really...cute and circular I must say xD Somethin' nice and new I've never had before. My salmon would've turned out better if I had defrosted it earlier and seasoned it more to get rid of the fishy smell. But anyway, it was all good. And my short nap helped me jumpstart my engine for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment