Wednesday 4 January 2012

BibimGukSu~

BibimGukSu, a fancy korean term for Kimchi Noodles. Had these once before in Hi-Seoul back home for lunch with my mom and brothers. Been wanting to try this for a while after watching the Korean movie Le Grand Chef 2. Though I didn't exactly follow the exact recipe like the Koreans, since it's my first time after all. Gonna follow it exactly for the next attempt! The recipe didn't call for celery but I added anyway because I needed to use it before it looks dead in my fridge. And it's suppose to be a vegetarian dish, but I used the turkey mince I bought 2 days ago for some protein since I'm still down with the sniffles and I need sustenance!







Used scallop noodles instead of the actual Korean noodles, so it's more like BiBimGukSu ala Chinese. Looks a lot like pasta bolognes thanks to my turkey mince, but the red sauce is FAR from the tangy and sweet tomato puree. Hot fiery red pepper paste Gochujang and Kimchi combo all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment