Tuesday 17 January 2012

Choco Chunks Blondies

Since I was still under the weather I was in bed and in the house the whole morning, my mood has been really wonky and I apologize to whoever especially my mom who had to put up with my sharp sarcasm which may overboard to the offensive side. So, not gonna even bother with the weather forecast *temp: -6 degrees* I just threw on my down jacket and my cozy hat to head to the nearest supermarket to do a little grocery shopping for the week. Odd, I know. I find it helps with my mood, by enhancing it.

After that's done, walked back to my house and thought I should do some more baking for my friends since they invited me to have dinner with them (which I particularly dread because they eat late and I prefer my own cooking) Hesitantly I accepted since I wouldn't wanna be the spoilt rich kid or the loner or the dark cloud who rather not have friends around. To show my appreciation, I baked them blondies.

Basically, blondies are brownies just WITHOUT the cocoa powder. Since most of my friends are chines and are unfamiliar with these foreign pastries, I needed to clarify about that several times again and again. *exhales* Yes..Obviously not many people my age or my race share the same passion for cooking programmes.

So, here they are! The ultimate chocolate chunk blondies.


















And because I used self-raising flour instead of the usual plain flour with baking powder, it turned out more cake-like. Argh..Didn't have baking powder in my stash. How I miss my fully equipped kitchen back home. Anyway, the girls loved it and ate them all by midnight. That's all the compliment I needed to boost my mood for the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment