Saturday 7 January 2012

Wall of Shame

Before I started my random bread-making amateur plan, I planned to head to the gym actually. But I was bitten by the lazy bug this morning and since next week lectures begin already, I just have to snag this opportunity to make bread again. And this time, to get it RIGHT!
My previous attempt was to make red bean buns for the rice cake festival, just days before Christmas. That...was a dark sordid DISAPPOINTING day. I overkneaded the dough. Hence, the bread became tough. Also, I didn't leave a bowl of water in the oven to make the bread softer from the steam.



 It looked alright..But I got greedy with the filling... which led to the bursting of the buns at the end. Also, probably because I didn't make the red bean paste dry enough so the liquid ended up a mess.

 My sad...sad unfortunate deformed little baby. The skin was too thin and Couldn't close it up since I got carried away with the filling.





Ate it anyway. The red bean paste tasted good, real AWESOME actually. But the bread...the BREAD... Back home when I did it, it turned out alright but guess I got too cocky. This definitely brought me back to level 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment