Thursday 12 January 2012

More Strawberries?

I just loveeeeee watching Jamie at Home. Basically wasted about 2 hours watching every episode of Season 2. Each episode has its own special feature of food, and oh! There was one on strawberries xD Just strawberries. It's odd because I like to look at strawberries but don't really fancy eating them because they're usually so tart and sour for my pallet. I mean, I love sour stuff *girl after all* but strawberry just puts me off, since it looks soooo good but tastes...eh? sour? Doesn't make sense to me.
However, when I sunk in my teeth into these strawberries in UK. Oh wow...surprise surprise~ it was so pleasantly tart and yet sweet at the same time. So it balances the tangy aftertaste. Oh yum! Worth my one quid.. So, thought of incorporating these little yummy babies in my afternoon cheese toast sandwiches. Savoury and creamy cheese spread with sweet and tangy strawberries~ Beautiful match!

 So, I got a bit adventurous and curious to see how my strawberries would taste and be like after heated up in the microwave. Ta-daaa! Fresh Strawberry Jam~~~ 

 My own version of a Strawberry Shortcake xD




No comments:

Post a Comment