Monday 2 January 2012

Cookies turned Whoopies

Last 30th Dec was my friend, Lidwina's birthday and I didn't manage to grab a gift for her before heading to Newcastle, since I did mostly hibernation in my cave rather than being thrown into the huge bustling and hustling crowd of people doing their last minute Christmas shopping. So, I thought that it would be alright and Lidwina will understand, I did get her a Christmas present prior anyway. But the guilt soon ate me up anyway. So, with one last egg in my pantry and some flour, butter and milk I thought I should bake something for her.
Planned to bake some muffins, but some odd reason I felt cookies were better. How wrong I was at the end. I suck at making cookies, it'll be either too dry or too moist that it becomes half cookie half cake. There's a chemistry behind it that I still haven't quite get it right with yet. So here are some pictures depicting my less than successful attempt.






These definitely look and smell like cookies, but texture-wise almost cake-like. Called up Karen and XinYiing to have them taste it after dinner. Felt so embarassed with them, I kinda thought twice whether or not to give them away as gifts. Had to make the girls somethin hot to drink with those cookies. They said it was literally like a cookie and cake. So, they named it CA-KIE. Lame I know.. Well, I definitely learnt my lesson that day! Anyway, Lidwina was thankful to receive it at the end and on the positive note, I did not come empty-handed! (Just rather unsuccessful cookies, filled with sincerity and honest wish for the best) *hands milk to whoever plans to eat them* *passes jam/cream at the same time*

No comments:

Post a Comment