Sunday 8 January 2012

Grandma's Ginger Chicken Stew in Rice Wine

It's been a long while since I cooked my grandmother's inspired rice wine infused in chicken and ginger recipe. Mainly because it's just not the same without my grandma's homemade rice wine which is to die for! Instead of using that, I had to replace it with white wine, which is better than none and the taste is not bad actually. It's cheaper to buy the British locally made white wine compared to the chinese wine sold here since it's imported.
And I'm a student living on a budget, can't afford to splurge. Also, I hate feeling like I was cheated when I can get the exact same thing for a lower price. I feel a surge of satisfaction like I've achieved something grand when I manage to spend wisely.
So, back to dinner! Since it's been Korean stews for the past few days, I'm staying true to my Chinese heritage by cooking up some of our famous recipes passed down from our rice wine brewing ancestors!













No comments:

Post a Comment