Thursday 5 January 2012

A Taste of Home

Returned from the library by 5pm, which is considered rather late for me since the sun sets at about 4pm and everywhere's dark already by the time I left the library. Got most of my work done, so I was the first to leave my friends while they carry on til 7pm at least.
Once I got into my room, raced to the washroom (the rough winds and my bladder don't go along very well), had a quick change of clothes and finally went to the kitchen to cook up dinner. Had no idea or inspiration at all, til I thought that I should cook up somethin from home. Something familiar.
So I thought, heck why not some asam laksa? But believe me, this is an express version so it didn't taste as authentic since it lacked ginger (smacks head) and the asam jawa. Plus the soup was diluted with too much water hence the flavour *shakes head*. By the time I served it, the meehoon absorbed most of the liquid.
Rather disappointing, but I finished it anyway. Next round, gonna make it a successful one and make my family proud.





Had some black fungus thrown in, since I didn't have meat or egg in it. Grr..Should've gone with the egg, would look and taste a heck load better. Anywho, what's done is done. This is exactly why planning is necessary. I had work to do, hence distracted and didn't spend as much time pondering what to eat. *which is not such a bad thing, since it shows I'm not so bored after all*

No comments:

Post a Comment