Wednesday 4 January 2012

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

After watching Hairy Bikers' attempt in the episode for Soul Food, where they made the "Singaporean Chicken Noodle Soup" I instantly felt the urge to make some meatballs of my own. They did it, so why can't I? I'm Asian after all xD
That was the main reason I got the turkey mince anyway, since it's just as expensive as chicken mince I might as well be pickier and choose the better bird! Turkey wins hands down. With just cornstarch and some egg mixture to bind the mince together and some salt,pepper,white wine and garlic for flavour. I got myself a nice pliable ground mince already. For presentation sake, I added some chopped up spring onions too. Adds more flavour as well!

After boiling these little babies in a hot pot of water




Assembling my carrots, cucumbers and spring onions to look pretty for the camera
Also made some egg tofu, only this time I made a more plain one. Minus the pepper since I already had a huge dose of spiciness earlier this afternoon. Was curious to taste how different it would be without pepper to taint the beautiful smooth beancurd skin.




Such a major difference in colour! Much whiter..
Placing the ready-made tofu in the broth!

Now to put them pretty little homemade meatballs
One word says it all.. YUMMY!

My food is smiling at me

Proud to call it my dinner.


This is why I enjoy cooking, after doing such a thorough job in preparing and all that chopping and stirring. At the end of it, your reward is to eat your completed creation. When made with sincere care and humility, the end-product is infinitely gold~

No comments:

Post a Comment