Monday 2 January 2012

Rice Flakes Express!

So, second day of New Year's turned out better than New Year's Day itself. Well for the most of it anyway.
Went to get most of my vegetables and meat stocked up again. Was hoping to find the small retail shops open already by today, but unfortunately enough for me, they were closed! Grr..So, I ended up doing most of my shopping at Tesco and Aldi instead. On the brighter side, I get to swipe my card than use cash.
After round 1 of food shopping was done, it's already lunchtime! And back in my kitchen, and thinking cap on! Shall finallyyyy give rice flakes a go, after answering so many questions about it from Aunty Charlotte and MOM. Was reluctant because I never heard of it and I didn't know what to do with it. But the end result was more than satisfactory. It turned out to be like porridge except it cooks WAY fast. Cooking up my lunch took me less than half an hour! Gonna tick rice flakes on my shopping list next time.

Made my rice flakes porridge with plenty of homemade kimchi, carrots and mushrooms! Yum..



 Adding more kimchi to my concoction:




My dose of grapefruit juice in the evening after my 2nd round of grocery shopping at Aldi's. This should help me fight my flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment