Sunday 8 January 2012

When Korean Pancakes Go South..

So I looked up at a new recipe where yeast is incorporated into pancakes. Probably should have tried to perfect this recipe at hand first by doing a plain one instead of diving into experimentation and trying to make a kimchi pancake with the batter. I suspect it was because my batter was too diluted and the toppings, I made have overdid it. Hehe.. Shall reveal my next attempt in my future posts.
But thankfully, my soybean paste stew with swede and cucumbers with onions made it all better since the swede became soft and smooth like potatoes at the end. Uhmm..wonderful vegetable. My pancake on the other hand, failed to deliver. I think it looked more like a messed up  Japanese Okonomiyaki instead of a Korean Kimchi pancake. Utterly disappointing.
Luckily though, today was a fruitful day at the mall. Got a pair of new shoes and a robe for very reasonable prices, loving the new further reductions sales. Also, got a whole turkey drumstick and chicken thighs prices that was shocking at Tesco's. All in all..productive day. Except the time in the evening when I went to Aldi's with my friends, and it was closing already while we were in the middle of our food shopping. Sad..But luckily I already got most of what I needed. Should've seen this as a bad omen... (referring to my failed pancakes..*cries in dark corner*)

 







Another one..in the wall of shame..





 Proves to show that I'm no good at multitasking. Would add photos, but Blogger  acting up at this time and it's ticking me OFFFFFFF~ So..today's pancake = FAIL...but not so terrible that it ended up as an epic fail. Still ate it and tasted good. But doenjjang aka soybean paste stew was fantastic! *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment