Friday 27 January 2012

MeeHoon Leftovers Marathon

Had a steamboat party with my friends over at the Forge (another dormitory, quite far from mine) We split the cost and spent the special day together. It was fun having to share food over a stockpot and after that we played games to entertain the night. Have to admit that it was perhaps funner than celebrating it back home actually. It's a positive change and something I look forward to in the near future. I didn't manage to take pictures during the event since my bag had my camera and it was packed away in my friend's room. Was too lazy to take it out. *handsmacks face*

So, from the steamboat I brought back the leftover meehoon since I didn't mind it anyway and I hate to waste food. From there, my marathon began:

This looks grand and lush. Presenting my dinner : Celeriac and Swede Steamed Meehoon in Anchovies and Sweet Oyster Sauce+Soysauce

I'm fighting myself from cooking spicy foods because of the contagious flu virus that's affecting at least 7 out of 10 of my friends. I refuse to fall ill with a sore throat whilst away from home!





So, right here I did a slightly spicier option because I couldn't resist. Though I toned it down, for health reasons. *pats my own shoulder* Spent about an hour cooking dinner for my sick friends earlier, so when I got back to my own dinner, I just made a meehoon version of BiBimGuksu *Korean Kimchi Noodles* Obviously not red enough since I didn't toss it properly because I was too hungry to wait! After cooking chicken soup, steaming garlic/ginger/fried onions rice, making egg rolls and stri frying pak choi. It's a miracle I manage to cook my own meal. 




Anyway, not to panic! I still have my concentrated Ginseng Chicken Soup with Chinese Wolfberries and Dates waiting for me to down my meehoon.
The soup saved my dinner. It was sweet and bitter just like how ginseng should taste like after all. xD Overall, a very fruitful and contented day. Busy but contented nevertheless.




No comments:

Post a Comment