Friday 6 January 2012

Chicken Herbal Soup for the Soul..

Haven't had these nourishing soups for a while, since mom isn't around to pester me about drinking ginseng and chicken soups after dinner. So, I think that might have slightly contributed to my dreaded flu which lasted for more than 3 days. Still having some episodes of it, so the flu drama has yet to end still. Thus, my quest for a self-nourishing dinner awaits!
Had to leave for the library to get my work done, and thankfully I've managed to finish about 95% of it already ^^V. So I boiled the soup ready before I left with all the typical Chinese ingredients. But to save my stock, I just used the packet of herbs my mom bought from Taiwan, which is really tasty and healthy all at the same time. And most importantly, convenient! Boiled it for one round then before I left another round, then when I came back I boiled it again. That was some concentrated chicken herbal broth...My poor foreign housemates would probably be wondering what the odd herbal smell was.

Added some MeeHoon/ Vermicelli at the end to add some bulk to my soup since I'm too lazy to cook rice and also I'm a bigger fan of noodles than rice. Lovin' the colour!










Successful attempt! Enjoyed every bit of it. Do excuse my amateur-ish photography skills because I'm still trying to get around my Samsung compact camera and the Manual settings. *kisses camera*

No comments:

Post a Comment