Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Mother of All Birds!

 Turkey..Yes, I love turkey. They're leaner and healthier compared to chicken, plus! It's slightly cheaper than buying chicken breast fillets here in UK. Odd people! They price turkey to be in the same range as chicken, while back home turkey is SUPER expensive. Of course I'd go for the better bird! xD Hell yeah!
So, after marinating my turkey drumstick in garlic, ginger, salt and pepper for a whole day in the fridge I took it out to rest and then roasted it in the oven to crisp for dinner. Of course I can't possibly eat the whole thing myself, I'll just take some meat off to toss in with my cold side dish which I'll be having with my hot rice porridge with carrots and onions. Basic stuff and yet leaves such a satisfying note for dinner.





Tossed some brussles with radish kimchi along with my sliced turkey meat and I got my side dish!
Simple and so easy to make.






As for my previous lunch, I scrambled an egg. Instead of using milk which I ran out of, I used the juice from my radish kimchi. And tossed in with some of the radish as well. Ahh~~ Completely fusioned this English dish already. With some spring onions to add some depth into my lunch with toast too!



No comments:

Post a Comment