Sunday 15 January 2012

Homemade Savoury Garlic Herb Crackers

I've been on the hunt to look for healthier crackers or biscuits options since most of them contain partially hydrogenated fats, which was the big fat culprit which led to my gradual weight increase years ago. Til I stopped taking it, miraculously I found my old self back. So..since I'm so keen on the additives and preservatives companies add into their baked goods, I just thought why don't I try making one.
Googled it and found simple recipes everywhere. For me I used:
1. 1 cup flour
2. 2 Tbsp olive oil
3. 1 Tbsp low cal sweetener
4. 1 tsp garlic granules
5. Pinch of salt
6. Sprinkling of herbs


While baking, thought I have some of my red bean and barley soup to regain the blood I lost from my nosebleed yesterday.




Ta-daaaa! After about 30min in the oven at 190 degrees. Browned just nicely, then I left them in the oven turned off, to completely crisp since the bottom was slightly undone.






I opted for savoury crackers since I loveeee garlic and herbs. Uhmm~ Sumptuous! I can easily pack these as emergency lunch snacks to go with jam or cheese to survive my hectic schedule. This recipe is so DEAD simple, I can so make these whenever I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment