Wednesday 4 January 2012

Ratatouille, Another French Twist

 Was bored as usual, so I switched to BBC iPlayer to check out any interesting films to watch. And Ratatouille just popped outta nowhere. Fell in love with the plot and Remy all over again. So it inspired me to try out this simple vegetarian French cuisine for dinner.Though my ingredients lacked the bell peppers, blame it on the New Year's holiday causing the vege and fruits local retailers to close.


Took the empty dish at the background on purpose, to prove that I've finished them ALL for dinner. By myself, no one to share with or to help me with it. *smiles proudly though it's a small achievement* 

Now I get why people here don't fancy brinjals. It's because they didn't cook it till soft and sweet. Instead they bake or grill them while the flesh is still white and not transparent. Therefore, they taste slightly bitter and underdone. Eeeks..I left mine to soak up and cook more as they sit in the hot tomato base with carrots and celery for that extra twang. Tasted way better when combined with the cucumbers. Overall, the verdict I'd say it was an almost thorough success. Would have been better if I stewed it, but for presentation sake I baked it. Next attempt, STEW! Not bake~

No comments:

Post a Comment