Monday 9 January 2012

Itadakimas!

It's been months since I always wanted a bento box. But it's just so difficult to find one that's reasonably priced in the UK and that meets my standards. Typical...I'm so picky and hard to please, I'll just wait til I'm back in KL to do my shopping. As usual.
So, as usual being my adventurous and manipulative self in the morning with nothing better to do since lectures begin at 2pm. I bumped into this site http://justbento.com/handbook/recipe-collection-mains/potato-oyaki-and-sweet-potato-and-carrot-oyaki, and was tempted with the potato oyaki recipe. Gosh the bento food prepared are just so UBER cute.
Gonna try to attempt a complete bento lunch one day and post some pretty photos here since I have classes in between lunchtimes on Thursday and Friday. Sad and unfortunate, but at least there's not a sign of laboratory sessions at 7pm til 9pm. 
After yesterday's weak attempt for the Kimchi pancake, thought I'd give this recipe a go since it's a lot like a pancake, except it has potatoes to bind it. I got some sweet potatoes and this time used cornstarch instead of plain flour to make my pancake dough. Added some radish Kimchi with appropriate liquid distribution this time. *definitely learnt my lesson*
Made an egg roll ready for tonight's dinner, so I can just pop it into my stew instead of my usual steamed egg recipe. Should try something new. Have not been making these egg rolls since I was home. But, from the looks of it I still haven't lost my touch.

 Behold, my majestic and successful sweet potato oyaki with kimchi radish, seaweed and spring onions! It's just another fancy Japanese term for potato pancakes with savoury fillings.


 Now, this is what I call VICTORY!  Tamagoyaki anyone? 

 My bento lunch is smiling for the camera! xD


 So, now for dinner I didn't manage to snap a lot since I wasn't alone in the kitchen. Missing those peaceful days ALONE. Housemates would probably stare and talk behind my back about how weird I was being. I'm weird enough for not going out clubbing and boozing with them at night, I'm just adding oil to the fire. *snaps photos of my food*




Too bad I didn't take any snapshots of my sliced tamagoyaki. Anyway, it was such a wonderful addition to my black fungus soybean paste aka miso soup with vege. Basically Korean's soybean paste and Japanese miso soup is similar to each other only from different country. Hmm..I see a Japanese food trend coming on to me this week. Don't you? xD BENTO!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment