Saturday 7 January 2012

Steamed Mantou..Continued

I miss those days when I follow my mom to the bank and after that we'll go for lunch. And usually, we'll have a bowl of green beans or barley tong sui with nice freshly baked red bean buns and peanut buns in Gaya Street. I prefer red beans though, and I don't enjoy the bank! But I do love the lunch we always go for. We go there at least once or twice a week.

So here as promised, how my steamed buns turned out:

After the 2nd round of proofing which took another 30mins or less. Placed in my cooker to steam and to turn into lunch. Yummy~!


Overall, results! SUCCESS. And alongside my plain buns, I baked some sweet potato mash and swede chunks inside for some texture. Can't expect me to feel full with just two steamed buns! Ain't gonna last me til dinner..



 So, first steamed two little sweet potatoes and mashed em GOOOOOOOD! And added some garlic, pepper and salt for seasoning. Uhmphhh..Oh so yummyyyy..



Baked my sweet potato mash with swede under it while I waited for my buns to steam. My wonderful steamed buns...Look at those air bubbles~ My wonderful kneading made me proud.



 Ate it with sweet potato mash and..PRESTO~ Perfect! Will attempt a steamed pau with fillings when I get cocky in future. Wish my brothers and parents can taste it. Mom will be proud of me! xD



No comments:

Post a Comment