Monday 23 January 2012

Celebrating the Eve of Chinese New Year!

Saddest part about Chinese New Year in the UK is that it's not an official hoiday. Boo! Which means on the 1st day of CNY itself, I have classes to attend. *cries* Ah well..So, to lighten things up since I'm away from home this year for the first time celebrating this momentous event without the whole family, I did it with few of my good friends here. Cooked up things together and sharing with each other, and of course a whole steamed chicken! Nothing's more Chinese than that!

But before I get to that, here's a picture of what I whipped up for lunch. Baked egg frittata with broccoli and tomatoes. Should've used two eggs instead of one or steamed it longer to set Dx It looks yummy on the top but down there it's still watery. On the positive note, it was some wicked tasty broth! xD





Happy Chinese New Year Eve!
My part, I cooked up the ever-so classic fried rice noodles with oyster sauce and light soy sauce, tossed in cabbage. Vegetarian and non-spicy since most of my friends were not feeling well. So I couldn't use my tom yam paste to liven it up Dx
















That was some lush steamed chicken and thank goodness I salted it generously and flavoured the broth it was cooked in. All the efforts paid off, with our tummies all filled. This is by far, the best dinner ever concocted with my friends. Top in my list! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment